Improving Stomach Muscle for Martial Arts - No. 1
Stomach muscles are probably one of the most important muscles we have for supporting our martial art training:
1. They are an important part of our body-core maneuverability.
2. A main component as our core stabilizer
3. Important for protecting our internal organs against body blows.
There are many ways to improve and train our stomach muscles, in the upcoming articles we will go over some of them.
With the help of a partner we perform a regular sit-up -
(we must keep in mind that a good sit-up should keep us on a range which utilizes the stomach muscles – nothing more is necessary, so in that regard touching the knees with the elbows is useless)
- our partner puts both hands on our stomach and presses on it as we go up, releasing as we go down.
1. Put as much pressure as our partner can with stand not more.
2. Release the pressure when he goes down allowing him to inhale.
3. We can give small pushes while our partner goes up simulating a series of strikes…
4. Do as many repetitions as wanted but allow a 1-3 minutes break between each set.
Enjoy the Sweat
The Warriors Project