Shadow boxing is part of the “first stage” of the
martial arts techniques training - “working in the air”.
It can help improve all the elements of our
martial art training - mental, physical and technical.
• Perform a combination of whatever and whichever movements and strikes you wish in the air, this is just to practice some technical and physical elements. We start the drill at a low pace and step it up with time.
• We perform the same drill, only now fighting with an imaginary opponent this adds, if done well, the mental element into this practice.
• Make sure that when the pace raises our quality of execution does not fall – hands protecting the face, utilizing the hip, balanced…
• We can use this as a warm up drill or as part of our main training drills. This is a great drill for working
stamina both aerobic and anaerobic…
• If possible, performing in front of a mirror can help
We should understand that improper execution of this kind of drill usually means the next stages will not be executed well.
Enjoy the Sweat
The Warriors Project