Martial Arts Masters
Learn about the Masters and their different classification
During the years there have been many martial arts masters which have contributed to the development of the martial arts.
There are many criteria’s by which these masters can be judged by:
• Non fighting martial artist – ex. Jet Li and Jackie Chan never participated in fights or competitions, but are great Wushu martial artists.
• Martial artists which help develop the art itself – ex. Yip man, Helio Gracie, Suger Ray Robinsion, Masutatsu (Mas) Oyama, Bruce Lee… During and after their time the art did not remain the same.They influenced not only their arts, sometimes other systems as well; some even beginning styles and arts of their own
• Legendary figures whose status was adopted or borrowed by the martial arts in order to promote them – ex. Cheng San Feng (legendary founder of Tai Chi ) Yue Fei (legendary founder of Hsing-I and of Eagle Claw)…
• Martial artists with substancial contribution in/to popularizing their art – ex. Chuck Norris, Van Dam, Royce Gracie, Rickson Gracie, Fedor Emilianenko, Muhammad Ali…
* Some can share two classification or more.
Either way, without these Man and Women, we wouldn’t have such a variety of martial arts, which are practiced by so many and which are developing as we speak…
This is a tribute for and to them
The Warriors Project
Learn about Mixed Martial Arts which has introduced many new martial art masters and artists
Return from Martial Arts Masters to the Homepage